- Class Name: How to Paint Hair with Iliya Mirochnik
- Description: Hair is often overlooked in portrait classes, and I’ve been getting tons of questions from students about it. So we’re going to do a deep dive for eight sessions to get to the root of the problem!
The class will begin with a lecture on cranial structure, hair theory, growth patterns, and terminology. Students will proceed by painting various sculptures and making copies of old master paintings, analyzing the different treatments of hair by artists of the past. Finally, we’ll jump into making paintings of various hairstyles and colors. Each week, students will be given homework assignments that will be critiqued in the following class.
We’ll be using digital media for all of the assignments, but all of the principles transfer into traditional techniques.
- Day and Time: Saturdays 9:30 am-12:30 pm PT Starting October 23rd 2021
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Materials: Click here to download materials PDF
- Reference material will be provided.
- How to Attend: The live stream and assignments will be posted on the Class Page here (link below)